Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


We had a nice Easter weekend.

Yesterday Mary and I colored eggs and we all just relaxed mostly during the day. Then Jeff and I got to go on a date together and that was nice too. We had Red Lobster and it was fabulous.

Mary enjoyed her Easter basket this morning. Sacrament meeting was very good and I was happy with how my lesson went.

We had fun dressing up a little more for church today and coordinating our colors. Mary wore the cutest bonnet ever!!! She looked so adorable. And today she got to go to the nursery for the 2nd and 3rd hour since she is now 18 months old!

We went to my folks' house tonight and had a nice time. Unfortunately we weren't able to come for the egg hunt. But that is really okay. Mary got a little candy this morning and a little tonight and she doesn't really need more.

The only disappointment for me this weekend is that I found out they were releasing me as Beehive advisor after only four months. I feel like I was just starting to find a groove. But this is how it goes sometimes I guess. I was expecting a presidency change when the president had her new baby. But I assumed they'd keep me. Most everyone was changed. So now I am just trying to adjust to the abruptness of it and the change again. We'll see what happens now.

So here are some pics from the weekend.

Happy Easter.

Mary's Easter Basket


She discovers the candy right away.


We read the pop up Peter Rabbit together.


Easter Bonnet and Dress


Mary peeping into the basket of the eggs we dyed. She loved doing it.


And I just had to throw this in . . . you've probably seen Mary wear this giraffe outfit before, but I wanted to point it out since she wore it yesterday.

I already posted this picture about a month ago, but here is the hoodie that goes with the giraffe outfit. So fun right?


Lastly, I just wanted to post what I gave the Beehives today for a handout for their lesson on the Temple Endowment. I compared it to an Easter egg.
Here are the other ones that I have made in the last month or so. Sorry. I just want to record this for myself. One lesson was on the Priesthood and a Father's Responsibilities, another was a crossword puzzle we did in class about our wonderful legacy that we have as members of the LDS church(I passed out Lion House muffins to go with it) and the house was a lesson about the blessings of being in the House of Israel.


I'm grateful to be a member of what I believe is Christ's true church on the earth today. I get so many blessings from it. I am glad to know who I am. And I am grateful to know that even when other Christians say I'm not a Christian, I know that I am because I believe He is the literal son of God and that He died for all of us so that we can be saved. How could I not be a Christian when I believe those things?

Have a great week! He is Risen!

4 comments:

  1. I so understand the yw disappointment. I caught myself walking in the wrong direction to the primary room and then realized that wasn't my place anymore yesterday. Then cried all through sunday school as I heard the kids singing in the distance. Not good.

    Glad you guys had a good easter! Mary is so cute in that bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress turned out so cute and the bonnet topped it off! Lovely family of 3! Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Janie and Jack dress! Those colors look relly good on her. I was eyeing it too, but we just don't dress up enough :-(
    I also love how your outfit matched. You guys look darling (and Jeff looks like he takes Easter very seriously ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take everything very seriously :p

    ReplyDelete