Friday, April 29, 2011

Daddy vs. Momma

It would really be hard to survive without either one. Dad's are so much more important than society has led us all to believe and Mom's are the lifeline for most children.

I'm immensely grateful for a fiercely loyal husband/protector/provider. And grateful for the gospel which teaches us - when the world gets completely confused - about our most important roles in life.

But to bring this discussion back to how this relates to my life . . . ; )

Mary loves both of us. I love that Jeff can completely handle taking care of Mary. Though differences are often hard, I think this is a good example of why God puts us together. You need someone who is harder and someone who is softer. You need someone is a little overly protective and someone who is more free. You need the balance that a man and a woman create together. At least, that is what I think.

Jeff is distrustful of most people. I trust everyone practically. And yet Mary will need to learn trust and caution. Both are vital for her happiness.

It is interesting to see the activities she and I do together and the activities she and Jeff do together.

Jeff sometimes likes to tease that she cuddles way more with him and gives him more kisses than she does with me. But I realized the other day - it is because I don't really sit down all day - except if I'm reading to her (or when she naps). I try to make sure she gets exercise and at least one outing a day and I try to expose her to new things. I'm trying to take care of the household (and myself) by doing dishes, preparing food, shopping, straightening, cleaning, running errands, exercising or getting myself ready - all whilst taking care of her too. I hope too that I am spending enough time just enjoying Mary and taking it all in instead of being stuck in my own world of thoughts and chores.

So anyway the point is . . . I'm so glad Mary has both of us and that we all have each other.

How I found Mary and Jeff tonight. I love that she holding Jeff's finger.





Mary and Me going on a walk yesterday in our new sunglasses.


Mary likes to push her own stroller before, during, or after our walk.


Just another cute pic with her new sunglasses.



And tonight before Jeff put Mary to bed, she came in to say goodnight and he spun us around in the chair together. So fun to do something altogether instead of separate.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the differences complimenting each other! I often have to remind myself that it is good for Eric to be a little harder on the kids than I am! They need that.

    ReplyDelete