Monday, August 30, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!


We had a good weekend.

Saturday was quite busy. My sister Catherine's friend Aaron was baptized and that was special for our family. I was honored to get the opportunity to sing at the baptism. Catherine accompanied me beautifully as I sang one of my Mom's hymns, By the Waters of Mormon. My Mom says Aaron is destined to be a part of our family because 1. he has a double consonant in his name like the other brothers-in-law, Scott, Jeff, and Matt and 2. he is a picky eater like two of the brothers-in-law, Scott and Jeff. : ) Of course this is sort of silly. But fun to say nevertheless.

Then on Saturday night, Jeff and Mary and I met several other families from church at the Rockies Game. We played the Dodgers and won! Woo Hoo! It was very fun for me. I was glad that we got to do it. And we ate all the junk food we wanted to make it an authentic baseball experience. I had a hotdog AND nachos AND an ice cream cone (and some of Jeff's funnel cake). But I tried not to feel too guilty since I don't do it very often. I also got to see Jeff's new building downtown. It was a very fun night. Thank you Jeff!!!

Sunday was our ward's musical Sacrament Meeting where several members share what their favorite hymns are and then we have a special musical number of that hymn. Being the ward music chairman I had to organize much of it and I was also asked to speak. Overall, I think the meeting went well and so I'm happy about that.

Had my second choir rehearsal last night. I came away feeling slightly discouraged just because it really isn't easy and I was tired after constantly sight reading in 5/4 time or reading tied eighth notes or syncopated rhythms . . . but it is also good for my brain I suppose. And of course it is all fine today since now I'm not so tired.

Anyway, life is good and I look forward to another week to get things done and make progress in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment