STOP. "What?!!" "What's that?" you say? Yes, Jeff does indeed have a new job! We are excited. We've known for about a week now I think. It has been a long process as he has searched for a new job - a roller coaster. Post resume. Get bites. Interview. Get verbal offer. Don't hear anything. Don't get job after all. Interview and calls for second job. Say they want to bring him in. Don't hear back. No interview after all. Interview for third place (one of the original bites and three recruiters for same job later). 2nd interview. 3rd interview. Verbal offer. Don't hear anything again. Hear they have to interview some other person. Finally hear a firm verbal offer. And papers are sent and signed and two weeks notice put in at other job.
We feel very grateful that we have this new job. It will be a better situation and better money. And who can argue with that?
Jeff's new job will be downtown. It is with a company called PING IDENTITY. They will be paying for him to ride the light rail and I am excited Jeff will get some extra time to read or do computer work every day. We aren't moving at this point - though a move is very possible for the future. We'll see. I don't really want to move. Love Highlands Ranch. Love my ward. Kind of need a different space though for raising kids. We'll see.
So Saturday morning, a package is dropped off. I wonder if it is for my birthday - but it is addressed to Jeff so I don't think so.
It is . . . .
A WELCOME basket from the new company!!! How nice! This is a first for us! And I have to say . . . I have always dreamed of someone sending me a basket like this. Is that pathetic??? It's true though!!!! I've always wanted one. Dreams really do come true y'all!
I had a really great birthday/anniversary. Jeff and I had a really nice date (and Mary did beautifully with Grandpa Charles and GrammE), I got to spend some time with good friends and I got some great gifts! I'd share all my gifts with you, but then I'd just feel spoiled and undeserving (both of which I am). But I will say that I got to wear one of them to church yesterday . . .
SQUEAL SQUEAL!!! (It's the necklace from "My latest obsession" post.)
and I even got some chocolate cake (well actually twice. well actually . . . nevermind) courtesy of the best visiting teachers on the planet (Cathryn Grover and Lisa Crellin). They got it from NOTHING BUNDT CAKES. Yea, it was freakin' delish!
Here are some more pics from the past week.
Love,
A
Met one of my bestest friends Heather and her kids at the Botanic Gardens at Chatfield.


Katie's Shower
Met J and kids for a picnic in the park! Here is my nephew whose birthday is just two days after mine.
And I got to spend one last day with Beckie and her chilluns before they headed back home. Sure love them so much and how they dote on Mary.
And my Jeffie . . . a familiar scene - playing with Mary.
She's been doing this squinting thing a lot lately. I have no idea what she is trying to tell me. But I sure think it's cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment