Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Berry Delicious Day!


Well, summer is almost over. So what better way to take advantage of the season that will soon be gone than to head over to the Berry Patch Farm with my sister Jennifer and two of her kids, Emma and Joe and of course Mary.
It was a great day for picking. And we got there right at 8 before anyone else. The strawberries were great and so were the raspberries and golden raspberries.
Here are some pics . . .



I love how Mary's leg is caught behind my leg in this pic. It looks like she is doing a little leap.


Once she had that first taste, she was unstoppable . . .

. . . throwing her entire body over to get those strawberries



Oh so happy!

But what a great mess! At least she matched the flowers. . .



Fun and funny farm animals

Look at that FAT pig!

And I just had to include this pic of Mary and me from last year's trip to the farm . . . : )

Have a Berry Delicious Day!
P.S. We missed you Beckie!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Messy berry baby! I love remembering times when my babies were in utero with me doing something!

    Love you!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this?? I've been dying to find any pick it yourself places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy!! I've heard those berry farm are fun. Isn't funny to see yourself pregnant and how much has changed since then?!!! Kids just make you a different person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlowe,
    It is in Brighton. It is called Berry Patch Farms. Here is the info. . .
    13785 Potomac Street
    Brighton, CO 80601-7278
    (303) 659-5050
    It is really a great little farm . . and organic of course. They have the raspberries and strawberries but also lots of other produce you can buy.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am letting my lower lip do the talking. Well, maybe not all the talking. I miss you and everyone! I am trying not to cry, and not succeeding. I sure feel homesick! Mary is picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete