Saturday, July 3, 2010

Giraffes. They are decidedly cute.

A couple months ago, my SIL and I were talking about Gymboree clothing (yes, we probably both spend too much time browsing the store and website), and I mentioned to her that I really wanted to get the new pink giraffe outfit in the baby line. She was kinda surprised and said something like, "Really? Giraffes? I just never pictured giraffes for girls." (I hope I got that somewhat correct ;)).

I guess it started for me last summer before Mary was born. I went shopping to the Gymboree Outlet with my friend Christina and she pointed out a cute giraffe outfit that had a mommy and baby giraffe on it. She mentioned that she really loved giraffes and that her girls' nursery bedding was giraffes. Obviously, I got it.


So anyway, my SIL, about a week after that conversation, sent me a cutie cute pic of her little H in the very top I had been thinking about getting for Mary(which was totally fine because I told her I might get the cherry outfit for Mary that H had and also great minds think alike). So adorable right?!


So in the meantime I saw the cutest little bubble outfit at Baby Gap that I had my eye on. And last week it was on clearance - and was just her size at $7.99. It was the version I wanted - the orange, giraffe print. "Orange?", you are thinking. Yes. "Giraffe?", oh yea! Seriously. Isn't this the cutest outfit EVER? And I LOVE the little stuffed giraffe toy that comes with it!!! (It fits in the pocket in the center front of the outfit.) As a side note, the other versions were charcoal zebra and fuscia cheetah. And don't think I didn't think about getting each version. But I reigned myself in. . .

Here is another one of my Sweet Mary Pie sleeping . . .




So, you are probably realizing that I am having WAY too much fun playing dolls . . .er. . . I mean being a Mom but that is NOT the point of the story.

The point is that giraffe clothing is cute (and I'd even say kinda feminine . . . they have those long necks and slender bodies and you do often see a mother giraffe with her baby).

Giraffes. They are decidedly cute!

6 comments:

  1. Is Mary making the potty sign in that photo? I sure love being able to feel connected when I feel so far away! Be sure to blog about your 4th! Mary is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always did love to play dolls and change their cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I can't be sure . . . but I wouldn't be surprised. There are many times when I wonder if she is signing something to me and I just don't understand yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . the potty sign is "t" and sometimes I do see her with the thumb tucked inbetween the fingers . . . but you're right. She really does look like she is signing there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Those babies are yummy! I am still not a big giraffe lover, but they are cute. I got it b/c it was on clearance! tee hee hee I never buy full price at Gymbo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, me neither. It would be silly to because they have such great sales and gymbucks to boot.

    ReplyDelete