Monday, June 7, 2010

Take THAT - you stinkin' allergies!!!


June hit and with it came the familiar itching in the back of my throat and ears (and sneezing too - but that I can usually handle - except of course when I was pregnant last year and had THE worst attack of my life. Seriously! I sneezed for like 8 hours straight.)

I called the pediatrician to see what I could take while I was nursing. I was relieved to find out I can take Claritin instead of the coma inducing Benadryl. I went to the store to buy some - and I have it now. But that night last week, I still really didn't want to have to resort to drugs if I could get rid of it naturally ESPECIALLY since I'm nursing. So I broke out my trusty NETI pot (aka nasal cleansing pot) and used it and I haven't had to break open the Claritin yet!
I highly recommend the Neti pot if you haven't tried it and have a cold or have allergies!

Tonight we were outside. Jeff was pulling weeds and Mary and I sat in the grass. I think it was only a few minutes and that itching came back. It drives me crazy. After putting Mary down for the night - I went straight into my bathroom and used my Neti pot and now I have sweet, sweet relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment