Monday, June 28, 2010

Mary is officially sleeping through the night!

So, maybe none of you are interested . . . but this is an important milestone to me to record. Mary is officially sleeping through the night!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!! I don't know that I can take much credit. I have worried a lot about this since she was born. I felt that I really ought to let her cry a bit more at night - but I was just too soft to really ever follow through. And Jeff was no help! So, I guess we both just became okay with her waking up once a night.

But I am glad that early on - I have had her sleep in her own bed and that for her naps I have been able to put her in and let her fuss for a bit before falling asleep. I think that did make a difference.

Last Monday night - she didn't cry - she moaned instead. And so I didn't feel like I needed to go in to her. She did that one other time that night. And since then - with the exception of Saturday night in which she was soaked through - she has slept through. I'm happy about it!

But on the other hand, it reminds me of how big she is getting. She is starting to look long - well she has ALWAYS been long- but long like a toddler. 8 months really has gone by quickly. It has been a wonderful time in my life.

Here are some pics from this past weekend. It was R's birthday!


Looking at the pic with my SIL (sister-in-law) J, it makes me really happy because we are getting to be really great friends.

1 comment: