Friday, October 7, 2011

Botanic Gardens with Grandma

A couple of weeks ago, when Jeff was in Vancouver, Mary and I met my Mom at the Denver Botanic Gardens. I figured we'd count it as our FHE and it was also a free day - so it worked out nicely. Let me tell you what we've discovered about free days (at least at Botanic - though I'm sure it is this way at the zoo too). It is a madhouse going during the day. I'd honestly rather just pay the money and come a different day. BUT, if you go in the early evening, it is perfect. We met at around 6 and it was lovely. Perfect temperature. Not too busy. Beautiful. We enjoyed ourselves. My Mom used to have a membership at BG so she knows it so well that we know which paths to take to maximize the fun.

Take time to smell the . . .petunias? That works.


Grandma helps Mary feed the fish


Mary loved the fish.


These are happy times to remember always. I love my little girl.


We had a picnic for dinner.



We ended the evening gathered around the sloped hills where we watched other kids and rolled in the grass and observed the beautiful sunset. We did have one very bad head bonk unfortunately. Otherwise it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment