These are letters Mary knows. Last week I had Mary's letters all lined up in order on the refridgerator. So I decided to see if she knew some of them. I knew she knew a few from things she had said. So I'd say, Mary which letter is "O" and she'd pick up the "O" magnet. She did that with all of the above letters. Isn't that awesome?!! I didn't test her on all the letters, but I think I asked her about 5 that she didn't know. The others I didn't test her on. So she might know a few of those too.
She isn't as good though if you want her to say the letters. But she obviously does know some of them if she can pick them out without my help.
And this morning Mary came into our bed for a bit and she recited the alphabet up to G. She is starting to get her numbers too.
She also often sees words or lettering somewhere - like on a truck or something - and will say, "ABC!" Cute eh?
Other kids are further along physically I think. She can't actually jump when she says jump - it is more of a bounce. Still adorable though. And I am quite shocked that she doesn't really sing yet. Probably because her mother will just do it for her : ). She does love it when I sing. At this point though, she loves dancing. She sees a dance calendar I have and says, "dancers!". Or hears some music and says , "dancing". So I guess we'll see if that turns into anything. And of course she'll break out into some random moves where ever we are if she hears music. I wonder where she possibly could've gotten that? : )
Just thought I'd share.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment