We had a fun labor day weekend. I went out with a girlfriend Thursday night, Jeff and I went on a date on Friday night, Saturday we went up to Estes, Sunday was church, and Monday was a BBQ at my folks house.
But I want this post to focus on the Estes trip. As I mentioned before, my in-laws are selling their Estes Park home to move closer to the grandchildren (they are buying a house in Parker). Saturday was our last time that we were all going to be there together - us, Jeff's folks, and Jeff's brother Ben and his family. None of us were sad I don't think, but it was nice that we could have a sort of goodbye to Estes get-together. It was pretty low key - just a bbq and hanging out. I tried to drink it all in - the wonderful smell - the wildlife - the beauty - the peacefulness. It was nice.
Here are some pics . . .
Jeff sitting with Mary eatin' some good food!
Mary with a broom just her size that the other Sullins brought up for her to play with! She loved it of course.
Charles and little mommy, H holding her doll
GrammE with under-the-weather R : (
SIL Jenny and H (technically she is Jeff's SIL - but I say she is mine too!)
Darling, dirty E. You can't help but get a little dirty whilst exploring outside at GrammE and Papa's!
Big boys S and E.
Pretty pregnant Jenny.
Ben, H, and the dog, Belle. It wouldn't be a Sullins gathering without some labrador!
Grandpapa Charles, Mary, and GrammE on swing.
GrammE and Mary
Spittin' image.
Ben hugs Jeff goodbye. Jeff tolerates it. : )
Momma and Mary
Mary walkin' with Grandpa Charles
Me and my wonderful MIL, Ellen
Wild Turkeys! Okay, I've seen deer, moose, and hummingbirds in my in-laws yard. This was a treat to see these majestic birds. Too bad I never got to see the bears that come around occasionally.
Goodbye Estes! Thanks for the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment