Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scripture for the Day

Psalms 1: 1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

I've been doing better on my scripture reading lately. For several years, I have been trying to go through my old seminary manual for the old testament because I don't remember a lot of it. So lately I've been reading about David. What a sad story his is. But didn't he write the most beautiful psalms? Psalms has got to be one of my favorite books of scripture. There is so much truth and praise in those words.

Hope you all have a great day and you remember to not "walk in the counsel of the ungodly" and be "like a tree planted by the rivers of water".

No comments:

Post a Comment