I love to sing a hymn or two (or three or four) with my scripture study. The hymns touch my heart. I enjoyed singing this one today and letting it's message sink in.
A quick definition from Webster's:
pilot - a person licensed to direct ships into or out of a harbor or through difficult waters
Jesus, Savior, pilot me Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll, Hiding rock and treach'rous shoal.
Chart and compass came from thee. Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
As a mother stills her child, Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boist'rous waves obey thy will When thos say'st to them, "Be Still!"
Wondrous Sov'reign of the sea, Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
When at last I near the shore, And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest, Then, while leaning on thy breast,
May I hear thee say to me, "Fear not: I will pilot thee."
No comments:
Post a Comment