Monday, March 5, 2012

Family Report

I thought I'd give a quick family report . . .

Jeff is well (although he was feeling not so well this afternoon - hopefully he isn't getting sick). He just got back on Friday from a business trip to Vancouver. He is glad to be home and we are glad too.

I am fine. I'm starting to feel the effects of getting big. I bought a pregnancy support belt that I've been wearing because this baby is so low, the area at the base of my belly is pretty sore. I think the belt has been helping and has also made a difference with some other unpleasant side affects I've been experiencing. So that is good. I think it has also helped my energy level. At my doctor's visit last week, she said I was measuring small - meaning the baby might be small (believe me, I've been gaining plenty of weight - already 30 pounds). She said not to worry - it was probably just because he is so low - but just because she says she is neurotic, she ordered an ultrasound for my next visit in two weeks.

I have always been an active person and usually shoot for doing something active 5 times a week. But probably since Mary's been born it has been more like 3 times a week. And since I've been pregnant - it has been sketchy. I kept up pretty well through about half of my first trimester. Then I just didn't have enough energy to get through the day - and be a good mom - if I worked out - so I cut way back. About half way through my second trimester, I tried adding it back in. But I've really only been able to get in 1-2 times a week. It still really takes a lot of energy out of me. But I'm trying to really do a little bit better lately so I can prepare my body for labor.

Mary is great. She is healthy and active and smart. She speaks so well now. It is really fun to listen to her. Tonight at dinner, she said "Bon Appetite!" - she picked it up from one of her books - I didn't teach her. She really is a joy. We also finally bit the bullet and switched her to a toddler bed. I'm still not sure if we should've yet or not. Part of me wanted to have this taken care of before the baby came and the other part of me wanted to have the ability to contain her. But we are able to keep her contained in her room even if she isn't lying in her bed. I have to say, it has gone well so far. No problems at night. Yesterday she napped. Today she didn't. She probably would have eventually fallen asleep today had she been in her crib, but this isn't too bad either. We'll be able to put her to bed earlier. A book I'm reading said that switching to a toddler bed is really best between age 3-3 1/2. But Jeff was ready this weekend and I kind of got a wild hair and I just said, "Okay! Go for it!" And here we are. She really does enjoy it. And I enjoy a few less heavy liftings in and out of the crib!


That is mostly it. In case you haven't noticed - Mary has started pulling out her pig tails, so her hair is in her face a lot of the time. Sometimes she'll let me clip it back a bit, but mostly she just likes it long. So there is a lot of this going on right now. . .


That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment