It was sure nice of Ellen to take over all the cooking so I could rest. Isn't it? I have the best in-laws!
I managed to blow the only part of the dinner that I was in charge of - dessert! For some dumb reason, I didn't think I needed to refridgerate the French Silk Pie and so when I went to cut it, it was very soupy. We decided we better not eat it and risk getting sick. I have NO idea what I was thinking! I'm just going to attribute this mistake to "pregnancy brain" and leave it at that. Fortunately, we had some cookie dough from my neighbor, Angie, that we baked right up and had with ice cream. So that was good.
Here are a few pics:
Mary enjoying her new stroller
GrammE helping Mary open her new squeaker shoes that she got her. Mary loved them immediately so much that she totally undressed right there on the spot to try them on. We heard squeaking the entire rest of the day! I didn't mind it at all. It made me happy.
Charles and Ellen opening the photo tray I made for them with photos of Mary from the latest photo shoot. Too bad I didn't get a pic of the actual tray. Oh well.
Mary with her new stuffed doggie (and GrammE's hat for her dolly - Ellen collects dolls). When we were at IKEA, Mary took to it right away. Jeff wondered about getting it for her, but I kind of discouraged him. But he went back and got it because he knew she'd really love it. Isn't that sweet?
Jeff got his parents Harry Potter scarves.
Christmas contentment. Mary snuggling her new doggie, wearing her new shoes, and surrounded by toys- complete with chocolate smear on face. Does it get better than that when you're a kid?
Can't wait to hear about all of your Christmases too!
Annie, thanks for your sweet comments. A sickly sicky and a nice mom just seem unable to co-exist in the same space :)
ReplyDeleteEliza pushed her doll stroller everywhere too! Must have been the perfect gift this season.
You have some fun traditions. Good work just getting the gift that she wanted, we have to go through that too, there's gifts I want them to have, but we're better off just getting what they ask for even if we think it's ridiculous. About the previous post, was there a live Christmas tree when you were singing? I have been allergic to some Christmas trees in the past. I read that some of them have molds and things on them that can make people highly allergic! Crazy, huh? Congrats on your pregnancy and finding out it's a boy, that is sooooo exciting! We were in such a groove having when we had a boy and a girl, the family was balanced, it was kind of a cool feeling. Though I love, love, love having my third sweet baby now.
Delete