Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here

We've been busy - as I'm sure all of you have been - getting ready for Christmas.

My Kantorei Christmas concerts are over and went well. I did have to sit down during one song in one of the concerts so I wouldn't faint. But I was okay after that. And Jeff brought Mary to my last concert. I was such a proud Momma and completely distracted by her the whole time - even though she was very well behaved. After we (the choir) entered the church and the audience stopped clapping, I heard Mary yell, "YAY!" and a little laughter in the audience from it. It was pretty cute. And then she decided to conduct the choir from the back - waving her arms widely. She got to see quite a bit of the concert and that made me happy.

Jeff has had the whole week off which has been really great! He saved up his vacation time, I guess. We've been shopping a lot this week and I've enjoyed his help and just all of us being together.

Still have a little shopping to do and gift arranging. But I think it will come together.

Christmas cards have been sent. This year, I still hadn't gotten Mary's 2 year old photos done. So I decided that I would have my friend Eldeen do them and then use one of them for the Christmas card. She has a photography and card business (cardchef.com) and so it made sense to do it this way. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the main photo of the card. Don't you?


We've also been cleaning and cooking and going to parties and things. Here are some pics.

We made sugar cookies. Mary loved wearing a Strawberry Shortcake apron and eating the frosting (of course).



One final vacuum before Christmas. Felt good to have everything clean. Today was the first day Mary was brave enough to actually hold the real vacuum. She liked it!



Mary and me in our tracksuits (my uniform these days practically). I'm definately getting bigger. The skin on my tummy itches from the stretching.



I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for following my blog and letting me talk it all out.

1 comment:

  1. What cute photos!!! I adore that picture of Mary that you used for your Christmas cards! I hope you have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete