So instead, we just decided to have GrammE and Papa come for dinner before they left town and have cupcakes and a few presents. It was perfect as far as all of us were concerned.
A few thoughts on Mary . . .
I honestly couldn't have asked for a better child. She has always been easy going, predictable, smart, happy, teachable, beautiful, and sweet. I know kids are born with their own personalities and some kids are just more challenging and it isn't even a bad thing - but it can be harder. I guess I feel that God really wanted to bless us for having a child. I know it will probably not always be smooth sailing and I know Mary isn't perfect and also that future children may not be as easy. But for now, I'm just glad that I get to have Mary and grateful for who she is. She is my pride and joy. She is my life.
Here are some pics:
The Birthday Girl
Opening present from Uncle Ben and Aunt Jenny and Fam
It's homemade playdoh and tools to go with it! (Amoung other things - they sure spoiled us!) Mary didn't want to open any other gifts after that. : )
Recordable stories with GrammE's voice from GrammE!
Cupcakes!!!
Cupcake happiness.
Happy Birthday Mary! You have so many people who love you! You are a precious gift!!!
What a lovely tribute to a lovely girl. GrammE
ReplyDeleteWow she got so big so fast! Such a pretty girl.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe you that you have a sister turning 40. Check your info, I'm sure you got that wrong!