Monday, July 25, 2011

Some photos to go with the last post

Here are some photos to go with the last post . . . just some of what we've been doing.

Met up with one of my bestest friends, Heather last week.
(BTW, I know I probably should wear makeup all the time. But I just don't. It just doesn't seem necessary when I'm just going to the grocery store or park or library.)

Heather's son, Aidyn


Reese and Mary


All her chilluns


At niece, Emma's birthday celebration on Friday . . .

Wish I had a good one of Mary standing up in this outfit. It is SO adorable on her!



The birthday girl, Emma with big sister - working girl, Hannah


Hello, Young Lovers . . .
(Oh, they can hardly contain themselves they are so happy and in love. Kind of makes me sick. ; ) My other sisters do PDA too. I'm not really a fan of it, I have to say. Maybe I'd feel differently though if I was the one participating . . . uh that sounded weird. I mean participating with my OWN spouse) : ).

Aunt Jennifer is so fun! Slap me five!!!



Grandpa Howard (he can be my grandpa right?) and nephew Joe.



The fountains at C.G. Park . . .

Okay. I'll admit it. I'm a pushover. Not when something is important for me to say no to. But something like this . . . leaving the library, on our way home . . . we stop at the park . . .how can I really say no to the fountains on such a hot summer day? It makes her so happy, I choose to not pick a battle over this one.




Hangin' out with Annabel at her pool . . .


Mary saw someone's towel on a lawn chair and saw other people lying on lawnchairs. She decided she wanted to sunbathe too. It was pretty cute. : )


Orchestra Concert in the park . . .

We discovered a great new park, Sweetwater Park. The Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra was playing there that night. I have a couple friends who play with them (and keep letting me know when they need cellists incase Jeff ever decides to play again ; )).


Mary was mesmerized by the music.


And she was dancing to it too of course. I couldn't get a really good photo of her dancing though.


Let's see . . . was it worth it to drag myself out on a Saturday night, alone with baby after people kinda flaked on me - without my hubby - (he was preparing for Sunday talk, plus he went to family outings Friday and Sunday nights) to enjoy this evening of music? Hmm . . . let me think . . .

Beautiful evening? Check. Good music? Check. Oklahoma! medley? Check! Check! Stars and Stripes Forever? Check! Check! Check! Real life canons? Check. Setting sun? Check. Watching Mary enjoy the music, dancing, other kids, dogs, etc. Check! Check! Check!

Yes, it was definitely worth it! Summer is my favorite season and it will be gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment