Remember this summer when I had a post titled "Milestones and a dead coyote"? (If I knew how to make that into a cool link to my old post I would, but I don't know how to yet. Jeff, wanna show me?) Anyway, in it I mentioned several new things that Mary had done. Well, the past week or so, she seems to be doing so many new things again. For instance . . .
She is signing "more".
The actual sign is with all the fingers touching each other, but this is Mary's version. I will ask her "more?" and she'll sign "more". But I'm not sure if she has figured out that it will actually get her more to sign "more". She has done the sign on her own though without my prompt. Pretty cool eh? I figure, anything to enhance communication is good. I've been reading more about signing lately and while some family members have wondered if it will curb their ability/desire to talk, it apparently really boosts their vocabulary. (BTW, I am pretty sure she has also signed "toilet" many times and possibly "milk" too.)
But speaking of verbalizing, she definately babbles lots. And I know she understands much of what I say. But she does say "nana" whenever it is time to eat. And the other day, we were reading and I pointed to a banana and said "banana" and as clear as day she repeated "nana". She even did it again when I showed Jeff.
Mary also has two more teeth coming in (besides the front four she already has) - one on the top left and one on the bottom right (I think). And she uses them . . . on lots of things!
And today, sadly, she has her first runny nose.
Did I mention she is officially weaned? It happened pretty naturally. And I decided last week that September 30th would be my last day to nurse. But then I was so engourged on Friday I nursed one more time and then once more on Monday. But nothing since. : ) : ( I guess it is a good thing.
She is also balancing more on her own feet without help from holding on to something. She'll be standing on her own in no time at all.
Isn't my little giraffe getting so big?
(and long ; ))???
she's sooo cute. that last pic in the giraffe outfit, she looks big. long. ;) pretty big blue eyes, mary girl!
ReplyDeleteI love the bites out of everything!
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute!
ReplyDelete