Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mary Turns 4!

In October, Mary turned 4 years old!  Four seems like such a big age!  And Mary, at least, is like a little adult in her ability to communicate.

I didn't let Mary watch many movies or tv for a long time.  And when I did, I wanted to make sure they weren't too scary.  But Mary has come upon the perfect age to enjoy many Disney movies - and quickly loved many of the Disney princesses....First Cinderella, then Rapunzel and Merida, Ariel, and now Elsa (but her birthday happened before Frozen came out).  Anyway, even though she hasn't seen all the shows, she knows all the princesses.  And I decided that this would be the first year that she could have a big birthday party with friends.

I had hoped that all the little girls and boys would dress up as the assigned character I gave them - and they did!  (I had called all the moms to see what costumes they had already in their closets.)




So we had a princess themed birthday party for Mary.  We decided to have it at Lollipop Park.  One, because it is Mary's favorite place.  But Two - our house was still mostly a disaster zone with boxes still unpacked.  Mary chose to be Merida.



I think it was a good party.  I was certainly happy with all the friends who came and their generous gifts.  But Lollipop Park was loud and crowded and Jeff said he wasn't sure Mary was very happy during it.  But I hope she was....I did the best I could.

Here are some pics! (Sorry they are all cell pics - and some are quite blurry).

Mary and Rachel (new friend)


Isabel (Mary's newest best buddy that she spends a lot of time with)

Delaney and her mom, Jacqui enjoying the tea cups



From Left to Right:  Thomas (Flynn Ryder), Rachel (Tiana), Jonathan (Super hero), Nadia (Ariel), Melody (Belle), Mary (Merida), Lauren (Snow White), Sigmund (Prince Phillip), Gemma (Sleeping Beauty), Isabel (Cinderella).  Not pictured:  Delaney (Rapunzel), Harper (Snow White).  We also had several older siblings show up - which was great.  


Mary opening her gifts.

I spent most of my time chasing this little guy....




Happy Birthday Princess Mary!


No comments:

Post a Comment