Thursday, March 13, 2014

Summer Wrap-Up Part Five - FINAL Installment!

One final post about summer!  But this one will be a long one as there is a little bit of everything to record.

Mary Gets Her First Haircut
As Mary's hair has been getting longer and longer, it has looked scraggly at times.  At this time she was really into Rapunzel too, and insisted that she would NEVER cut her hair.  Kind of on a whim one day, she wanted a toy or something, and I told her she could have it but only if she let us get get her hair trimmed.  She agreed!  Yay!  That was easy.  (I dread the day when I won't be able to bribe my children to do what I want).  I only told them to cut a little bit as I didn't want to traumatize Mary and have her never want to come back.  So it only made a small difference.  But it was still good.



Botanic With Hannah and Joe
One day in August, my married niece, Hannah was in town.  We decided to hang out together at the Botanic Gardens.  We had a really fun time!





Do you see the dragonfly?

Feeding the goldfish




It's a tradition when we go, to eat lunch and then enjoy one of their DELICIOUS popsicles!

Just amazing isn't it?

So many interesting things that God made!

Leaves bigger than heads!

And at the end, we have to roll down the large hill!

At the end, I had to go back to get a picture of this set up for encouraging bees to be in your yard.  I thought this was very cool and interesting.

Centennial Spray Park with Stephanie and Sigmund
One day we went to the spray park with Stephanie and Sigmund.   Isn't summer fun?







A few more random pics:
Jeff's brother and his family came over to Jeff's parents one afternoon for a bbq while we were staying there.  I always enjoy spending time with them.  We don't do it nearly enough.  But one thing we did was hike down to where there was some construction happening a ways off behind their house.  Jeff's brother had 4 boys at that point (now 5!).  So we HAD to do that for the boys.  Us girls wanted to come too.

That's a big wheel!

The Crew.

Mary had to share GrammE with cousin, H (her closest cousin in age).  Isn't H a cutie?

 Jonathan starts walking!
This summer Jonathan started walking.  I think it was official at 13 months (one month earlier than Mary).  But he really started moving at 14 months.  I was originally trying to get pictures here of their new pjs.  It was really hard bc Jonathan just kept moving.  But though these pics are a bit blurry, I love to watch a little one learning to walk.  It's adorably fun!


 Best one I got, even though Mary's a bit sad here.  How often do you get to dress your boy and girl alike?  I take advantage of the rare occasions.  ; )

And finally, I will close with one of the highlights of my summer.  Kantorei was invited to sing with Foreigner.  It was super fun!  And I realized I knew all of those songs....Double Vision, Hot Blooded, Cold As Ice, I Wanna Know What Love Is....  Music really has such power!



That's it for summer!  Onto Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment