Monday, November 4, 2013

Summer Wrap-Up Part 1

So I have a bunch of miscellaneous tidbits from the summer (and late spring really) that I wanted to share.  It's amazing as I look back to realize how much we did amidst a move!    And this isn't all of it either.  As you may remember, I recorded several of the activities we did with Stephanie and Sigmund earlier, plus Jonathan's birthday, plus our stay with Charles and Ellen.   And this is only PART 1!  We had a lot of fun and memorable moments.

Birthday Parties!
So this year marks the time that Mary is of age to have been invited to several fun birthday parties (Nadia's not pictured).  A dear, old friend of mine - Susan -  from middle school had a bug themed birthday party for her daughter this year and invited Mary!  We were thrilled to come.  They collected lady bugs, had bug face painting, and other fun bug themed stuff.


Sigmund had his 3rd birthday party - Thomas the Train themed.  Here I am with my sister, Catherine, who is Sigmund's aunt (which is how Stephanie and I met).



And Cousin Ruth had pony rides at her birthday!  It was super fun...





...Not to mention their awesome backyard!




Mother's Day
Here is a pic of me and the kids on Mother's Day and a pic below it of painting pottery for GrammE for her Mother's Day present.  It was a cookie jar with Mary and Jonathan hand prints.



Park/Library/Pool/Zoo/BBQs
No summer would be complete without trips to the park, the library, the pool, or the zoo or family BBQs..  (More pics in upcoming posts featuring Mary's swimming lessons.)

I love how Mary is enjoying the sun here


Ballet in the Park - A Midsummer Night's Dream featuring my friend Christina's girls.  Mary is the child standing.  : )








Some Not-So-Happy Moments
Oh I wish I was a perfect parent.  But I'm not as much as I try to be.  One day while at the bank, I misjudged that the automatic sliding doors would sense Jonathan as he got close to them.  They didn't and his poor little hand got a bit mangled.  I'm including it here, because I was so upset with myself and felt like the biggest idiot on the planet.  But I was SOOOO SOOOO grateful it wasn't worse.  It is a good reminder for me that I need to be constantly vigilant when it comes to the safety of my children.  

Okay.  So I know some of you will die that I'm posting this.  But I'm going to!  Here's why.  Because THIS is part of the everyday grunt work you do as a parent.  Worst Blow Out Ever.  ; )

Sailor Boy
So it goes without saying that I very much enjoy/ed dressing up Mary.  Guess what?  Jonathan isn't totally exempt.  I HAD to get this adorable sailor hat.  Stupid, because he refused to wear it.  Still, I don't regret it. He had this cute outfit to wear throughout summer.

Poor thing.  I made him wear the hat for the picture at least.


One Sunday after church, we couldn't go home because there was a showing happening.  So we had a picnic on the temple grounds and Jonathan snuggled up to me at one point.  How happy that we got a pic of it!


Happy Home Moments
So because we had to be out of the house so often for house showings, I found myself wanting to stay home when we could.  So here are some random home pics:

Jonathan loves helping with the dishes

Mary insisted on painting her own toe and finger nails.

Cool little Dude

Happily playing together

Sweet Boy


Mary and Daddy weeding the grass


Mary organizing

...And posting notes


Playing in the rain

Here Mary has earned a whole jar full of marbles by making good decisions.  She got to pick out a toy and she decided on the baby Rapunzel doll.



Okay.  Here is another where you are gonna think, "Annie!".  But I wanted to show you how Jonathan would eat his food.  He'd chew it up into tiny tiny pieces and spit them out.  He has grown out of that now.: )


Okay.  I had to include this last story because it was funny.  I should have included it in Jonathan's birthday post.  Well anyway, on Jonathan's birthday, Jeff and I drove separately to his parents house where we were having the party.  I'm not sure what happened - I think Jonathan had just woken up - and he was hungry and cranky.  We had a long drive and I didn't want to hear him upset the whole time, but the only thing I had on me were some snickers bars to go in my Snickers salad.  I handed him one, intending for the crinkly wrapper to appease him.  Well folks, I don't know how kids know, but they do.  He started chewing on that candy bar and was quiet the rest of the way to GrammE and Papa's.  I figured it WAS his birthday, right???  When I got there, Ellen was shocked and very amused.  We had a really good laugh about it.


 More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment