But it is for me if no one else.
It is time now to document our move.
This year, we have spent much of our time and energy towards a move - preparing the house, putting it up for sale, trying to find a new home, moving twice, and now trying to get resettled. It was really time to move - as our family was outgrowing our old home - the backyard and kitchen were pretty small, Jeff shared a closet with Jonathan, and we were being buried in toys. Jeff really wanted to have an office to work at from home too. I think I could have been happy there for a few more years. But we knew it was coming and the timing felt right while the kids are young.
Oh but the sadness I feel at having left Highlands Ranch.... Most the time I am fine. But there have been times of sadness too. I sometimes wish that I could turn back the clock and change my mind when I said I'd be okay leaving. But here we are in Parker - And there is no turning back now! There are many good things too to leaving. And I'll talk more about those things in a minute.
We left our first home. We put a lot of work into that home. It was the home we brought two babies home to. The home where we spent eight years of our lives. We left a great ward.... a ward with truly outstanding women that I looked up to... Excellent in every way - educated, spiritual, hard working, beautiful, healthy, achievement oriented, kind, and generous. I felt accepted for my strengths and my weaknesses and that people "got me". I felt I was needed and appreciated. And I felt that people loved my family - my introverted husband, and my two babies. I'm sad for Mary having to leave a wonderful primary teacher and great playmates. She needs friends right now.
I also just miss the city of Highlands Ranch. I know people refer to it as "The Bubble". But I find it to be more cosmopolitan than Parker - more diverse in people and politics, faster paced, and closer to the mountains and shopping. I also already miss the rec centers. They came out of HOA dues there. Not here in Parker. : (
But there are nice things too about leaving...
I am excited about having a fresh start. I am so happy to be living just 5 short minutes from my sister, Jennifer. I'm happy to live close to trails and parks. I'm happy to be in a good solid ward. I'm happy to be in a beautiful home. And I'm grateful for the personal growth I am going through. I'm happy how it is bringing Jeff and me closer.
So here are some pics from the move....
4205 Cherryhurst Court. I'm really proud of all the work we did to the house and how it showed - not that I'm a great decorator by any stretch. But we did a lot to improve the house over the course of our time there. I will show the pictures the photographer took of the house, and list the improvements we made.
(Improvements over the years we were there: New tree and house paint. New roofing and gutters.)
Living room (New carpeting in the whole house)
Dining Room (New Window Treatments)
Kitchen (New refrigerator, dishwasher, sink)
Kitchen Nook (New glass in sliding door)
Family Room (Painted)
Mary's Room (Stripped wallpaper, new paint, window treatments)
Jonathan's Room (Stripped wallpaper, new paint, took out old window treatments)
Master Bedroom (Took out old window treatments)
Master Bath (Tiled floor - in 2nd bath as well. They were both carpet originally.)
Backyard (Stained deck, put in sod and side fence)
Basement (New water heater, sprinklers fixed)
I didn't post the pictures of the bathrooms. Not that exciting. : ) We also had a new cement floor laid in the garage and the garage door fixed several times!
When we first moved in... back in 2005
We brought Mary and Jonathan home here.
After our house sold, we weren't able to get into our new home because we hadn't closed yet. So Jeff's parents offered for us to come and stay with them. Not only did they offer, they really seemed to want us to! So we stayed in their finished basement for a month. I have to say that it was a very good experience. And we were so blessed to be able to stay in such a nice accommodations, especially amid a stressful double move.
We had fun. Here Jeff is taking Mary and Jonathan for a ride through their neighborhood.
The scenery was really pretty at their house. Here you can see - if you look closely - a deer standing in front of the neighbor's house.
Playing with the kids in "our room".
Jonathan sat in a chair that Jeff sat in growing up. Kinda fun.
Mary bonded lots with Belle.
Jonathan enjoyed scaling their windows.... YIKES!
After a month of displacement, we finally moved in to our new home about a month ago.
We are still unpacking...
(Jonathan loves pressing the buttons on my yet-to-be set up treadmill)
So now.... we are here. And we have so much to do! But it is exciting to think about starting this new chapter of our lives.
Farewell dear home in Highlands Ranch.
Home in Parker, it is nice to meet you!
















It is bittersweet. It would be so great if I could come over and talk all day with you while we unpacked and let the kids play. Although, maybe that wouldn't be much help. :) Can't wait to call and catch up. Our short phone conversation yesterday left me wishing for more.
ReplyDeleteI still reads it
ReplyDeleteAnnie, I had no idea that you had moved!! Moving is always bittersweet for me, too. You are so amazing to find the positives. Hope you feel settled in, soon.
ReplyDelete