Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Easter and Pix With Chicks

Easter wasn't particularly different this year in any way.  It was just nice.   We had just gotten back from our trip to Nebraska.  It was also time for Jonathan's 9 month pics and since it was Easter time, I took advantage of something I've been wanting to do with them - Pix With Chicks by Sara Karem Photography.  Mary is 3 1/2 here.  I wasn't really planning on pics at 3 1/2 but the gimmick is pretty fun.  So why not?  I like to get pictures often and with a variety of photographers.  The only thing I wasn't happy with was the newly painted beige background.  In past photos, she had  a bright sky blue blackground - which is much better for pics with baby chickens.  But I can see why that wouldn't be great for other times of the year.


Aren't they adorable???


I think this photo really captures Mary's personality.

Such a sweet boy.  I adore him!

I need to trim Mary's hair, but she won't let me near it.  Still, it is such a sweet picture of her I think.

Here is my big boy at nine months old.

I'll post more about this later, but for one of our play dates with Stephanie and Sigmund, we made those hard sugar eggs that you can look into.

Easter baskets
 Mary's
 Jonathan's.

I decided to make a simple Easter breakfast this year.  The usual cereal for Sunday morning breakfast just didn't seem right.  : )

Easter morning.  Once a year I think it is fun to coordinate the family.  Our colors this year were navy blue and pink.  Sailor inspired outfits were everywhere this spring.  I tried getting Jeff a pink tie, but I had to be satisfied with his old blue one instead.  : )
 We met at my sister Jennifer's for Easter dinner and a hunt afterward.  This is all the family gathering to watch Mary and Sigmund find their eggs.
 Aunt Cat watches from the window.
 It was a good hunt!
 Sigmund
 Mary

It was a very happy Easter indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment