Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beckie's Visit Part 3 - Murray Reunion

During the last week in July, Beckie and I headed over to Utah for a family reunion on my side.  Beckie and I decided to make the trek to Utah together which would enable to help each other with our kids and give us the opportunity to talk, talk, and talk some more!  In Beckie's words, the two of us "can disect about any thought and talk it for hours."  This is probably going to sound pathetic, but honestly, that was the highlight of the trip for me - just getting to talk together.

I took a lot of pictures, but I have decided not to post them all.  Firstly, I have so many relatives there just isn't enough room, Secondly, some of my photos just aren't that great, and Thirdly, I thought I'd stick to the things that made the most of an impression to me this time. 

This is my aunt Julie.  We stayed at her house.  It was a nice place to be.  Julie is a very warm, fun, beautiful person and has always been one of my favorites.  She loved my children.  It's no wonder that Mary kept talking about Aunt Julie when we got home to Colorado. 
 Seriously?? Isn't she gorgeous?  She is my inspiration on how to age well.
 Besides getting to stay in a very fun girlie room, Aunt Julie has this amazing back yard that the kids spent significant time in.  Julie's yard was BEAUTIFUL.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  It is a huge yard surrounded by tons of beautiful plants, trees, and flowers.  It made me want to do more in my own yard.  Seems like Utah folk do more with their gardens wouldn't you say?

Another definite highlight of the trip for me was seeing my big brother Ivan.  He put in to transfer to Utah with his job hoping to have a wider LDS pool of ladies to meet.  I tell you - one of these days some lucky girl will snatch him up.  He currently is living with my Grandma.  It works out well since she is getting on in years and is falling often these days. 

He has taken up bee-keeping!  It was interesting to see.


The Hive


Sick!!!  Right?!  Like sick like cool! But also sick like eww!

This is my Uncle Joel.  Pronounced Jo -elle.  He was talking to the family about his separation from his wife this year.  It makes us all very sad.

This is my Grandma's yard - an even bigger yard that is also very beautiful.  Many a reunion has taken place here.  As cousins we used to play here.  And now, our children do.


And here is her pasture.

 Mary feeding the cows apples from the apple tree right above.

My youngest cousin Shannon - just a few years older than Mary.  It is pretty crazy and wonderful when I think about how much family I have.

And just one more cute one of Jonathan.  And you can also see my Grandma in the background.

Even though the events were not the funnest this year, it is always just good to reconnect with family.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these posts! I enjoyed all the pics and remembering all the fun we had together.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete