Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easter Weekend Part 3 - Sunday

Easter Sunday was very nice. We began it by letting Mary discover her Easter basket.
Earlier that week I had taken Mary to Lakeshore Learning toy store. She fell in love with these eggs. They weren't very expensive and I thought a great addition to her Easter basket. She didn't want to put them down even to go potty. So I let her take them with her.
Then we got ready for church. I thought it would be fun to curl Mary's hair.
She looked adorable if I do say so myself.
And I think it fun to coordinate a bit. I got a couple people who said I looked like I had a big Easter egg (my belly) at church. : )
After a nice church service, we had a quiet afternoon and then Easter dinner and other fun at my Mom's. Ah! The Swingset - so much fun has been had over the years on this piece of play equipment. Eve pushes Mary
Joe and Sterling swinging spider style. They are looking forward to another boy cousin soon!
Me pushing Mary. My sister Jennifer told me I needed to cover up my poking out belly button. My initial reaction was, "I don't really care what it looks like". But this picture made me feel differently. She was right. However, I've tried covering it since then (with athletic tape) and that showed through my shirt and didn't stay put. So now I'm just kind of back to - "well pregnancy just isn't that attractive so everyone will just have to deal with it". But I am open to any suggestions you may have.
Of course there is always singing around the piano . . . (Hannah was off winter term from BYUI and has gone back now.)
Ivan also came out to visit for the festive weekend. Here he is with Emma.
Catherine and Aaron. BTW, yellow seemed to be the color of the day. Many of us were wearing yellow.
Isn't this a cute picture of Grandpa John and Sheri Anna?
Sandbox fun!
And this to me is THE picture of the weekend. What cuties Sheri and Mary are!
I made Strawberry Shortcake for dessert and it was DELISH!
Mary had such a good time and asked to go back to Grandma's again that week following. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of my brother Adam or my BIL's. Oh well. It sure was nice for Mary to get to play with her cousins!Thanks Beckie and Ivan for coming out to visit. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and were reminded of the wonderful sacrifice of our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. You should market something for pregnant belly buttons! I bandaid mine but it doesn't help either. I'm strapping on compression hosiery daily for some pain in my legs, and those things suck everything down a couple of sizes ... And no belly button. Never mind that I can't breathe. I just pretend I'm back in ballet :)

    ReplyDelete