Sunday, August 7, 2011

So . . . Life is good.

Hi! Just thought I'd post a quick update here. Nothing too new or exciting to share. Well, actually a couple of things that hopefully are interesting to you all. . . .

My In-laws have been trying to sell their Estes Park home for a couple of summers now. They have loved living there and we have all loved visiting Estes. But as the Sullins family grows, it seems there are more opportunities than ever to get together and it really isn't an easy thing for either us or them or Jeff's brother's family to get to each other. It is a good 2 hour drive each way. It takes an entire day if anyone wants to go see anyone. So C and E decided to sell their home and look for something that was closer to their children and grandchildren.


Last summer is Estes.


A Christmas in Estes.


I mostly included this pic b/c Jeff looks so cute in it. But look at what a white Christmas it was!


I'm a little sad . . . We've had lots of good memories there. It is SOOOO beautiful and fresh and quiet - particularly on their mountain. I have always said it is "healing". But I'm also thrilled that we will get to see them more often and that they will get to enjoy Mary more. They - I believe - purchased a home in Parker on Saturday. : )

Also, Saturday was my "birthversary" - my 34th birthday and our 12th anniversary. You know, Jeff and I dated for about 3 years before we got married - so technically we've been together 15 years!!!! I was 19 when I met him. Soon I will have been with him as long as I wasn't. Crazy no?



Anyway, I've gotten lots of nice presents and well wishes and Saturday was a super fun day. Friday night though, Jeff and I celebrated our anniversary by doing something not too spectacular - but something we both wanted to do for awhile now. We went to see Harry Potter. As a side note - whenever I think about the fact that the books had a hard time getting published with multiple rejections - I can't even understand that. I mean how was that possible???? The books were SO good, so imaginative, so thrilling . . . I remember when they came out I was working at the Catholic school. And I remember being out on the blacktop with the kids one morning and saying, "I want to go to Hogwarts!!!". And they all fully agreed with me. It really is fun to see the different things that bring people together.

So then Saturday morning, I made some delicious whole oat flour oatmeal pancakes. Then I went to a free corepower yoga class - which I highly recommend, had Red Mango for lunch and then was off to Annabel's bachelorette.

We had manis/pedis at a salon, then had appetizers at the hotel restaurant, and then dinner after that and walking around downtown. It was really a fun day!


A few years ago, there was a thing going around about barbies of the various Denver Suburbs. My FIL called me Highlands Ranch Barbie on Friday. I had forgotten about that. It made me laugh. So here is Highlands Ranch Barbie and Cherry Creek Barbie. Hee hee. Also, as you can probably tell I got my hair highlighted last week. It is pretty blonde right now. My MIL was here and said to Mary, "Your Momma's hair is lighter than yours!" It was pretty funny.


Guess that is about it. Church was good today. And tonight my family had a little birthday dinner and cake for me. It was nice.

Mary enthralled with it all. Me concentrating on lighting 34! candles. : )
P.S. Did you notice my brother's biceps??? Geez.


A profile pic of my niece Eve and me. And I love Mary's little hand reaching to get a candle off the cake. Cutie.



Catherine's wedding is THIS week!!! And Annabel's is the week after.

All I can say is: "Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset." Who says life isn't a musical? : )

1 comment:

  1. Ha--I love to think that my life is a musical too! :) Hope you had a happy birthday, Annie! It's so fun to keep running into you! You're such a gorgeous gal!

    ReplyDelete