I thought I'd share about our last couple of days. Last week, my sister, Jennifer had to work more than usual. So she asked if I'd take Emma and Joe to the zoo on Thursday. I said sure. I know we just went to the zoo in St. Louis, but we really didn't see a ton of animals. So this was fun. I always think I'm going to have more fun at the zoo than I do for some reason. I wish they could make it so that there were more of the big animals doing stuff. It isn't really too fun to watch a lion sleep. I guess it is still cool to see them. But sure would be better if they'd come up to you and look at you. Don't you think? But like I said, it was pretty fun anyway.
No, my nephew is NOT Justin Bieber.
You knew this next one was coming. Love me the giraffes. I'm already thinking about what the next baby's animal will be. Girl=zebra. Boy=elephant maybe?? And no, I'm not pregnant. Just always thinking about what I'm going to get someday. I always did that before I had Mary too.
Then yesterday, my girlfriend, Annabel had another shower. I have never heard of anyone having this many parties thrown for her. My goodness. She has already had one shower before this one(it was a kitchen shower) and an engagement party. She will still have yet another (couples) shower and a bachelorette party. Crazy no?
Anyway, yesterday's shower was a "High Tea". But I think actually it was more like an afternoon tea because I think "High Tea" means dinner and it wasn't a dinner like I was expecting. But what do I know? This was a lingerie shower this time.
Anyway, I was talking to my MIL last week and she asked if I was wearing a hat and gloves to the tea. I was like . . . "Um . . . No???". Then I started worrying that I'd be like the only one there without a hat. After searching briefly, and realizing no one would have a hat I could borrow and not wanting to spend $300, I gave up the idea of wearing a hat. Then Friday morning I saw a plain white hat at Target and wondered if I could make one. So . . . Friday night I made one.

I think I liked it overall. But I still felt a little silly wearing a hat. And there ended up being only 4 of us wearing hats. Go figure right? But it was still fun.
I just hope I didn't embarrass the family as the Sullins' say. Here are a few pics from the shower.
A few of us.
Annabel and her sister.
I had to throw this in for my MIL, Ellen. Ellen, you know Diane from your sewing studio? I remembered after seeing this gift that she handmade for Annabel that you two had sewn together. I remembered that by looking at her work. Isn't that funny? Isn't it stunning??? She was one of the co-hosts.
A few silly ones of Annabel and Me.
Reminiscing about The Will Rogers Follies
And here a just a few pics from tonight of cute Mary cleaning.
She moves it like a vacuum. : )
Trying to figure out how to hold the broom AND the dustpan
Love this girl. Cutie.
Super cutie.
No comments:
Post a Comment