We keep plenty busy, but mostly with routine things. Mary seems so smart to me. I'm sure every parent thinks that though. : ) But I can't help it. She is my pride and joy.
So this is what has been going on with her lately. I think I have mentioned here that she knows her colors now and is quite the talker too. She has a new rocking horse.
Everytime we play on the rocking horse, Mary says "hurt" because the horse came with a dent on the back of the rocker. LAME! But I wasn't going to haul that thing all the way back to Pottery Barn Kids and try to exchange it. We just used one of those wood markers and it looks better. Daddy is fixing it in this pic.
And we have gone to the SouthWest Mall play area a few times in the last couple days (mostly because I've been trying to help my sister with wedding preparations and they have a store there that has dresses we will be wearing).
Fun bumpy slide.
This place is fun!
Mary says "Tutoe". I didn't even know she was aware of what a turtle was!
Mostly though, Mary has been very excited about helping me clean the house. Her latest signing time video teaches all the signs for cleaning (clean, vacuum, sweep, laundry, etc). So even though she did help me before, she likes to show me what a good helper she is now. Show off. I wonder where she gets that from?
Look at me Momma!
Furiously scrubbing. : )
Scrubbing the floor with her pajama bottoms. : )

Mary's favorite job is laundry. I hand her items to put in the washer as it fills with water and she throws them in. I'm starting her out early with chores. : )
Sorting (putting dirty clothing in the dryer) : )
Happy girl.
She also has been enjoying the cd player more, lots of reading, and dancing. Mary says "Dan!" Oh! And Mary has really started enjoying coloring. She sits at the phone desk and will color for quite awhile. These photos are at PBK though.
Not exactly coloring in this pic, but I thought her face was so studious and cute.
Mary and I will be heading to Illinois to visit my sister tomorrow. So that should be lots of fun. Pray that we'll be safe please!
Testing comments...
ReplyDeleteI just love your blog! It is the first thing I look at in the morning each day. One of the pictures above could be one of Jeff's old pictures. Can you guess which one?
ReplyDelete