Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow much fun!


I'm really a summer girl. I don't like the cold, dreariness of winter. But lately, I've enjoyed it. Mostly because the snow is so pretty and peaceful and I can be cozy inside. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I was commuting in it though. Lately, it just adds to the romanticism of Valentine's Day. And in case you don't know - I LOVE Valentine's Day. I pretty much love all the holidays. But I do love Valentine's Day. Anyway, I digress.
The point is that the snow has provided some different fun for Mary and cute layering opportunities for me in which to dress her. : )

Here are some recent pics . . . (some are cell pics, so they aren't the best quality)


Had to add another from yesterday just to illustrate the "fun layering opportunities" I spoke of above. BTW, this is Mary's new car seat.

Today.
My friend Shelly knitted this sweater/jacket. Isn't is so fun and Valentiney?

These next pics are from Sunday. Church was canceled because of the weather. So we went outside to keep Daddy company while he shoveled. We had fun with lots of the neighbors and I just have to add that my neighbor Angie's 5 year old boy was so cute in helping Jeff shovel. (I have some pics, but didn't want to post w/o her permission).
Before we went out, I had to take this cute Mary/Daddy pic.






Mary with neighbor and her dog.


You probably know that Pottery Barn kids has storytime on Tuesdays at 11. What I didn't know is that each time you go, you get your booklet stamped and after 5 times, you get a $10 credit to spend in the store. Neato eh? We've gone now the last two weeks, but couldn't go today. I figure Mary needs an outing every day and she loves story time. So now we go once a week to the library and once a week to PBK!

One thing she LOVES about PBK's storytime are the chairs. She sits contentedly in hers until storytime is over (or plays at the cool table where they have a puzzle and paper/crayons with which to draw) and then afterward - moves back and forth in the different chairs. She squeals with delight! It is so cute. I need to talk to Jeff about ordering one for her ; ).

She also loves all the other play areas of course. We stayed for like an extra half an hour afterward last time just so she could play with these dishes. (Isn't that pretend cake adorable?)


And lastly, today I had an eye appointment all the way down in CastleRock. So afterward, I figured Mary and I would go to the nearby ChickfilA that had a play place and eat some lunch. She really needed some exercise.
She couldn't have been happier! She was so happy in the treehouse and tunnelslide. Oh she was not happy when I finally said we had to go. But the balloon we got on the way out eased her pain. : )



Wishing all of you warmth and loving memories during this cold time.

2 comments:

  1. okay, that outfit with the leg warmers is completely fabulous! i love it! i love that you are taking full advantage of dressing mary will you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures of Mary, she is such a doll and has the sweetest smile.

    ReplyDelete