
I'm so excited for my baby sister, Catherine. Well, she isn't actually a baby anymore. She's 22 and she's getting married! She got engaged last week to a guy she started teaching piano lessons to. Kinda romantic eh? (To see a pic of Catherine and her fiance, Aaron, just go back one post.)
Anyway, for any of you who might not know, Catherine was born after the first 5 children - 9 years later. So I was 11 when she was born and can remember vividly many of the details of her coming into and being in our lives. One memory I have is going through all of my Mom's shower gifts and organizing and reorganizing all the wonderful baby stuff. It was so great!
I remember the day my Mom had her and we went to go see her in the hospital. When I got to hold her, I saw this cute little heart shaped tongue. She was just so sweet. And we loved her and were fine that she wasn't the boy that we had all hoped for. Sisters are great - even if we don't always get along.
Anyway, so I just thought I'd share some photos . .
This pic is from 1990 - so I was in middle school (I'm on the far left, Catherine is about 2 here, and my older sister Jennifer is on the far right. She was home from college and we all decided to sleep in the day bed.)

This pic is when I was a senior in highschool (right after the Christmas concert). Catherine was 6 I think.

Approximately one year later . . . Catherine was in the middle of chemotherapy. Yep! She's our cancer survivor. Doesn't she look so cute?

Several years ago, Cat and I took a road trip to Idaho for a family reunion. I can't remember if we took this picture because it was the house my mom first lived in as a newly wed - or if it was the house in Napolean Dynamite. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
.
That's so exciting! I only remember Catherine as a toddler, or maybe a 6 year old like in the picture. I think my parents know the adult Catherine. Congrats to her and to your family! Weddings are so fun.
ReplyDelete