Shingles
One day in February, I found myself picking behind my ear. I thought I had a pimple or something. Anyway, it got worse and I couldn't quite figure what it was. It wasn't too concerning, but I was more just curious. So I made an appointment with my dermatologist even though it seemed to start improving. I'm glad I did because what she told me was something I hadn't even considered. Shingles! I was quite surprised. She explained that shingles outbreaks often happen near places with a lot of nerve endings. And my outbreak place (right behind the ear under the jaw) was a common one. As I thought about it, it did seem to come with the sort of stabbing pain that you hear about - though mine was never very painful - I knew how that felt. I was glad it wasn't more painful. It may have contributed to a really horrible stiff neck I got the following week however that really took me several weeks to recover from. I've had more and more of those darn stiff necks this year. It's become a bit of a problem (also had one at Girl's camp and one a few weeks ago). Anyway, back to the shingles... I was really glad that my kids had been vaccinated and that it wasn't more serious. It can be caused by stress and sickness - both of which I had dealt with recently. I need to get the vaccine this year which will hopefully prevent it in the future.
Jeff Turns 40!
Also in February, Jeff turned 40! I guess we are getting older. : ) He didn't want a big "to-do". So Mary and I made 40 mini cupcakes for him, gave him a handmade card that said 40 reasons why I loved him, and ordered him a pizza - his favorite. Well, something else too, but I can't really go into details. ; )
Playdates With Stephanie and Sigmund
We had several fun outings with Stephanie and Sigmund - We won't get to see them as often this next school year because our kids are getting busier. : (
Lollipop Park again
Jonathan signs "UP" as the horse goes up.
Peter-Pan
Mary and I enjoyed going to see Peter Pan at the Pace Center in Parker. I didn't know anything about the PACE center before I moved here. Seems like another reason we were meant to come to Parker. : ) They have a fun play area outside the center with musical instruments for the kids. Mary loved it!
Gets tiring running around and climbing all the time....
Needing a haircut...
Funny Boy
Giving kisses
Valentine's Outfit
Valentine's Bath
Valentine's Baby (Aria)
Valentine's Momma
Mary discovered something great about getting sick.... Breakfast in Bed. She actually told me today that she is looking forward to getting sick again so she can do this. : )
Mary earned a new Elsa doll (came with matching outfit) for doing reading lessons with me. We were going strong for awhile and then they got a little bit hard for her. Now Daddy plays the Skittle game (reading) with her often. She can read a little now.
Went to see my niece Emma in her musical, Horton Hears A Who. It was super cute.
And I'm including this because it has been a major focus of mine this past year...getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Only a few pounds left!
That's about it! Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment