I read a book once about a woman who sang and it was important to her not to pull ugly faces while she sang. I have to agree with her - although she was criticized for feeling that way. And I know I better be careful since I can't really see myself when I sing.
But to me, it takes away from the performance if someone is making unattractive faces when they sing. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.
But I am totally digressing. The point is that I love and appreciate beauty. I think it is one of the most wonderful gifts from God on this earth.
How does this relate to my life? Well, I'll tell you.
Last week, I was entertaining the idea of not putting up a Christmas tree this year. I just felt overwhelmed with everything I need to do. I told my MIL my feelings and she said she had had many times when she felt the same way - but that I would regret it if I didn't and I should just put up my small tree.
So I skipped my dance class Saturday morning - it didn't really work out with my schedule that day anyway - and spent several hours putting up the big tree.
I'm soooooooooooo glad I did! I love my tree. It's so pretty! It brings such joy to look at it. And Mary of course loves it and everytime we pass by it she signs "tree" and squeals with delight.
I don't think the pictures do it justice, but here are a couple anyway.
Mary found her first favorite ornament: a cute little yorkie.
yahoo for putting up the tree! now you will have pics of mary with it too, that will be fun!
ReplyDelete